For the break, me and the hubby got to go home to my parents and his mom’s (they live 10 min away from each other!)
My mom cooked a huge meal…but I made these pumpkin cheeseballs! **For those of you who know me…this is a rare occasion..I can barely make mac and cheese**
They were super easy…and yummy!
Here is a link the the recipe!
Brian had to work a football game in Stillwater, so I stayed an extra day to hang out with my mom! I made myself an ‘advent’ calender! Here are a few pics
It was super easy to make!
I hope your Thanksgiving break was as good as mine!!
I probably won’t be blogging tomorrow…because I will be spending time with family!
This holiday is a good reminder of all the many blessings I have in my life.
Here are a few things I am thankful for just this week!
1. I am thankful for co-workers who bring me drinks from Starbucks!
2. I am thankful for space heaters and sweatpants (remember Nothing New November? Well we haven’t turned our heat on yet!)
3. I am thankful for Mondays…yes I said Mondays…because I don’t have to work and it allows me to clean house and do crafts and whatever else my heart desires! (P.S. I don’t desire cleaning house…but I love having a clean house!)
4. I am thankful I have a job…although I complain about it a lot, I am very thankful for it.
5. I am thankful that Brian’s mom is joining my family for thanksgiving dinner!
6. I am thankful that my mom is cooking thanksgiving dinner…so I don’t have to!
7. I am thankful that my parents only live 10 minutes away from Brian’s mom…which makes holidays much easier!
8. I am thankful for blogs that have great craft/gift ideas…such as this one and this one!
9. I am thankful I have a camera that will let me capture all the special moments these holidays will provide!
10. I am thankful for my husband and family, and that I have them to spend these holidays with!
There is so much to be thankful for!
I hope your Thanksgiving is absolutely wonderful!!
Yesterday was our 6 month wedding anniversary! And since we are talking about anniversaries, it was also our 2 year and 8 month anniversary since we have been together!
Here are a couple of pics from our wedding day!
This Friday will be one year from when Brian asked my dad if he could marry me….while my dad was holding a shot gun…I consider that brave 🙂
Here are just a FEW reasons why I have been so blessed to be married to Brian for the past 6 months:
1. He is such a Godly man and is continually helping me be a better person.
2.He encourages and pushes me to do things I dream about…like being a photographer.
3. He always knows the right thing to say and do when I am excited or upset about something.
4. We both want the same things out of life, which makes life more fun!
5. He loves me despite all my MANY flaws!
So Happy Anniversary to US! Can’t wait for the many more anniversaries to come! 🙂
P.S. I promise my next post won’t be so mushy!
I know I know…its not even Thanksgiving yet…but you have to get started on Christmas presents early….right?
Why not make something…its much cheaper..much more fun…and more meaningful..or I like to think that to make myself feel better about it 🙂
Here are a few things I have made for people…or just for myself.
I painted this sign one summer during college when I was really bored!
I got this chair from and antique store, painted it and made that flower out of material (a friend showed me how to make it…its super easy) and just hot glued it to a pillow!
I love to scrapbook! These are just a few pages I have put together.
I made this for Brian 🙂 The board was just scraps from an old house…and paint was 50 cents..super easy and cheap!
I love these words from Hobby Lobby, you just slap on some paper…tie a few bow and wala! You have a great gift!
Same goes for this, just paint…add some bows and flowers…and its simple and cute!
What is something you have made for a gift?
As some of you may know, I work at my church as the preachers ‘personal secretary’. This means I get to see all his notes of what he plan to talk about every Sunday. This Sunday is about thankfulness….here are a few things I am thankful for!
I am thankful for such great friends!
I am grateful for my wonderful husband…who decided I was good enough to marry! 🙂
I am grateful to own the greatest dog that has ever walked on this earth (ok ok I am a little biased)
I am thankful for Octopus hugs..and my best friend who lets me give her them.
I am thankful for my family…especially my mom who is the greatest!! (brownie points?? christmas is coming up you know!)
I am thankful I don’t have kids…but that my friends do, so I can play with Baby E until she gets upset…or poops! 🙂
I could go on and on about all the things I am thankful for….God has blessed me soooo much!
What are you thankful for?
Sooo, as I said before I am training for the OKC Marathon on May 1, 2010. I thought this training would be easier because of my work schedule, it is always the same- unlike last year when it was different week to week. However, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I get off at 5 then run….and its always dark before I get home! (Which I hate)
So last night, I told Brian that when guys run by me…I in-vision how I would beat them up if I HAD to!
This is how it would go…First I would knee him where it hurts, then punch him in the nose, poke his eye, punch his kidney…then stomach…then repeat. 🙂
I like to think that if this situation arose…I would turn into the hulk…
But lets face it…that is far from the truth. Last night in our living room Brian made me pretend to run while he “attacked” me. I was down on the ground before I could scream! (Plus I didn’t want our neighbor to think he was actually beating me, haha!)
So I have decided that I need to take a self-defense class, even though I don’t plan to run in the dark without my hubby by my side…its probably something every woman should do!!
P.S. Hulk Picture is from here
Since I am now an ‘Old Married Woman’…I think this means I get to take family photos and send them to everyone I know for Christmas, right? 🙂 Well on Sunday my mini family took some “self-portraits” to put in our Christmas Cards…here are a few of my favs!
There is only so much you can do when your taking the pictures by yourself…and a dog is involved! But our dear friends the Weavers also needed some new family photos so I tagged along to help…(theres turned out much better 🙂 but they also have Baby E on their side…you’ll see)
Aren’t they the cutest??